Young Scientist Life Cycle Assessment Award
The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award recognizes exceptional achievements by a young scientist in the field of life cycle assessment, for example, an extraordinary Ph.D. thesis that provides a significant contribution to LCA development and implementation. This award is dedicated for one individual researcher or a group.
The application package must be submitted by 23. January and contain all of the material requested to be considered for the award, including:
- A letter outlining the eligibility for the award (max 4 pages)
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate (max 6 pages)
- A letter of support explaining why the candidate should be considered for the award
Sufficient information should be provided to facilitate an objective evaluation, hence evidence of the attributes of the candidate and the conduct of activities embracing the elements of the award shown above should be provided.
All candidates will be evaluated independently by a sub-committee of the SETAC Europe Life Cycle Assessment Interest Group Steering Committee. The full committee will discuss the outcome to determine the recipient and the successful candidate will be informed of the decision by mid March. All other applicants will be informed afterwards.
The award will be recognised and presented at the upcoming SETAC Europe annual meeting.
The selected candidate will receive:
- A two- year subscription to the online edition of the International Journal of LCA (sponsored by Springer Verlag)
- A short presentation (about one printed page) of the award winner in the journal (sponsored by Springer Verlag)
- Free registration for the upcoming SETAC Europe annual meeting (sponsored by Lenzing AG)
- Invitation to the Presidents Reception at the SETAC Europe annual meeting
- Expenses for the travel and accommodation (sponsored by Lenzing AG)
SETAC has implemented a self-disclosure step as part of the award process consistent with SETAC’s code of conduct and code of ethics. We ask each award candidate to consider whether they have any past or current transgressions that should be disclosed.
- For candidates that are nominated by someone else, SETAC will reach out to the candidate directly, ask them to accept the nomination and provide the awards disclosure information.
- For self-nominations, applicants will be ask to provide the disclosure during the application process.
For further information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.