SETAC Fact Sheets
SETAC Science Briefs and Technical Issues Papers provide a balanced, scientific discussion of important environmental issues. They are designed to support SETAC’s mission of education in the environmental sciences and to inform environmental policy and decision-making.
SETAC Technical Issue Papers (TIPs)
SETAC TIPs bring scientists up to date on current developments in fields outside their area of research. The following TIPs are available free to download (.pdf files).
- Chemical Alternatives Assessment (2023)
- Nontarget Analysis of Organic Chemicals in the Environment (2022)
- Adverse Outcomes and the Microbiome: A Guide to Comprehensive Characterization (2020)
- Environmental Toxicity of Metals in Freshwater (2020)
- Recommended Minimum Reporting Information for Environmental Toxicity Studies (2019)
- OMICS: Complete Systems, Complete Analyses (2019)
- Alternative Approaches to Aquatic Vertebrate Toxicity Tests (2019)
- Environmental Risk Assessment of Chemicals (2018)
- Weight of Evidence in Environmental Risk Assessment of Chemicals (2018)
- What Is an Endocrine Disrupter? (2014)
- Whole Effluent Toxicity Testing (2004)
- Whole Effluent Toxicity Testing: Ion Imbalance (2004)
- Evaluación de alternativas químicas (2023)
- Evaluación de riesgos ambientales de productos químicos (2018)
- El peso de la evidencia en la evaluación de riesgo ambiental de sustancias químicas (2018)
SETAC Science Briefs
SETAC Science Briefs explain environmental topics and issues in simple terms.
- Lead Toxicity on Wildlife (2021)
- Taking the Mystery Out of Toxicity Testing (2019)
- Plastics Pollution: A Breakdown (2019)