Become a Mentor or Mentee
The SETAC Mentoring Program allows explorer and full members to connect in a mentor-mentee relationship and then take full responsibility for that mentorship relationship.
Get Involved in Five Easy Steps
- Ensure you are a SETAC member at the explorer or full level.
- Mentors can identify themselves as such on their SETAC profile and fill out the mentor volunteer form to define the areas in which they would like to mentor others.
- Mentees can search the membership directory for a suitable mentor and contact them directly. Alternatively, mentees can fill the mentor request form and SETAC staff will assist in finding a match.
- Mentor-mentee report to SETAC that they have teamed up.
- Mentor-mentee follow the framework outlined in the handbook till the agreed upon goal is achieved.
The core of the program is that mentors and mentees, once matched, will utilize a framework suggested in the mentoring handbook to generally guide the relationship to achieve mutually agreed upon goals, in a mutually agreed upon time frame.
SETAC’s role is to facilitate this program; as such, the Mentoring Program is entirely voluntary, both on the part of mentors and mentees so that any participant can withdraw at any time with no consequence.