Learn About SETAC
The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC) is a not-for-profit, worldwide professional organization composed of more than 16,000 individuals and 85 institution in more than 90 countries dedicated to advancing environmental science and environmental management. In addition, the society has more than 20,000 followers worldwide. Learn more about SETAC’s mission, vision, principles and values.
What We Do
- We advance environmental science and application through projects in collaboration with various stakeholders, other societies and intergovernmental agencies.
- We disseminate environmental science through peer-reviewed publications and knowledge bases to promote understanding of emerging environmental topics.
- We organize workshops to address shared environmental challenges and to identify solutions to those concerns.
- We hold multi-disciplinary meetings to disseminate the latest environmental science research and application tools and to facilitate networking.
- We convene focused topic meetings and symposia to summarize the state of the science on a specific environmental issue to managers and regulators for informed policy making.
- We conduct trainings to develop professionals that can deal with emerging issues.
- We promote opportunities in the field and recognize excellence with awards and grants.
We work to advance science and science-informed decision-making. We think of ourselves as the global home for environmental professionals.
2022 Science Digest
For highlights of what we accomplished last year, read the 2022 Science Digest: A Year in Brief
SETAC’s impressive scientific program has formidable global reach and attracts members from approximately 100 countries. The five geographic units in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America, together with regional branches and chapters, offer cutting-edge scientific programming anchored by well-attended meetings.
Learn more about how you can get involved.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please contact us for more information.