Rifcon Early Career Scientist Award
The SETAC Europe Rifcon Early Career Scientist Award aims at creating career development opportunities for SETAC members. The award is for an original piece of scientific research, policy or other professional achievement undertaken by an early career scientist.
Candidates must be:
- An active SETAC Full member and reside in Europe, Central Asia or the Middle East
- An early career scientist, which for the purpose of this award is defined as up to 3 years since the completion of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree (verification required)
- Applications for this award are welcomed from academia, business and government scientists
The application package must be submitted by 23. January and contain:
- An evidence-based portfolio (1,500 words or fewer) should clearly explain the context and relevance of the achievement and its scientific impact, together with the aim of the work and outputs arising from it
- A statement from the candidate (1,000 words or fewer) that reflects on their personal understanding of how the original piece of scientific research moved science forward
- A letter from the candidate’s line manager to confirm the extent of candidate’s involvement in the original piece of work
- A letter from a person outside of the organization where the research took place who should act as an external reviewer to evaluate the scientific impact of the original piece of scientific research
- A copy of the latest degree in order to proof eligibility
The SETAC Europe Awards Committee will evaluate all applications using a predefined scoring sheet and discuss about the outcome during a conference call. The winner will be ratified by the SETAC Europe Council.
All applicants or the nominators will be informed about the outcome by mid March. The award will be recognized and presented at the upcoming SETAC Europe Annual Meeting. The award will also cover one annual meeting registration to facilitate attendance at the meeting to receive their award, contribution towards travel costs and an invitation to the Presidents Reception.