SETAC Media Policy
Media representatives are cordially invited to attend meetings of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC).
SETAC’s media policy is designed to ensure a professional forum in which presenters and other meeting registrants can discuss science-based issues freely and in which their concerns about proprietary research data and other information is acknowledged and respected. It is further designed to ensure a forum in which journalists and other media representatives can gather the information they need to deliver factual reporting.
How can SETAC serve you as a media representative?
- By keeping you posted through updated press releases and news updates.
- By providing you with photos, videos or other supporting files when available.
- By helping you arrange interviews with SETAC staff, officers, members and presenters before or at the meeting. Please note that SETAC executive directors or their designees are the only sanctioned representatives of the society.
In return, we expect you to
- Wear your media badge, and identify yourself as a member of the press when you attend presentations or talk with any group or individual.
- Obtain permission from the executive director in charge and from the subject presenters or meeting registrants before you film, tape or otherwise record any presentation, poster display, exhibit, activity or interview, in part or in whole, at this event.
- Respect a presenter’s or meeting participant’s choice to talk with you or to decline.
Any media representative who sells, markets or represents a company for purposes of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SETAC Logo and Trademark Guidelines
The SETAC Logo and Trademark Guidelines are intended to clarify and update the specifications of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry name, acronym, slogan and logo (symbol), and to define the conditions of their use.
The purpose of these rules and guidelines is to assure the integrity of the name of the Society, its acronym, slogan and logo (symbol), and to assure proper use so that they will be recognized and respected worldwide. SETAC is the sole owner of the name, acronym, slogan and logo, and their use must be explicitly approved by the SETAC Board of Directors or Council, with oversight by the SETAC World Council, to assure their validity.
SETAC Social Media Guidelines
The SETAC Social Media Guidelines apply to anyone who uses official SETAC social media accounts and to those who identify themselves as affiliated with SETAC in social media platforms or posts.