Media representatives are cordially invited to attend meetings of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC).
To request a press pass, please contact email@example.com with your credentials.
SETAC’s media policy is designed to ensure a professional forum in which presenters and other meeting registrants can discuss science-based issues freely and in which their concerns about proprietary research data and other information is acknowledged and respected. It is further designed to ensure a forum in which journalists and other media representatives can gather the information they need to deliver factual reporting.
How can SETAC serve you as a media representative?
- By keeping you posted through updated press releases and news updates.
- By providing you with photos, videos or other supporting files when available.
- By helping you arrange interviews with SETAC staff, officers, members and presenters before or at the meeting. Please note that SETAC executive directors or their designees are the only sanctioned representatives of the society.
In return, we expect you to
- For in-person and virtual meetings, media representatives should clearly identify themselves to other attendees. Wear your media badge, add "Press" to your Zoom meeting name, and identify yourself as a member of the press when you attend presentations or talk with any group or individual.
- Obtain permission from the executive director in charge and from the subject presenters or meeting registrants before you film, tape or otherwise record any presentation, poster display, exhibit, activity or interview, in part or in whole, at this event.
- Respect a presenter’s or meeting participant’s choice to talk with you or to decline.
For more information, or to request a media pass please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.