Bringing together environmental professionals to advance the state of knowledge and identify solution for pressing environmental issues.
Promoting understanding and resolution of technical issues affecting our environment through embracing interdisciplinary, cross-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches.
SETAC workshops investigate cutting-edge topics in environmental sciences. View a list of previous workshops and resulting publications.
Data from SETAC Pellston Workshops
held between 2015–2018
Our approach is based on our principles.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to solving environmental problems:
- A range of technical expertise from various fields
- Varied viewpoints (scientists, engineers and managers)
- Balance in participation:
- Multisectoral representation (academia, business, government, non-profit and public interest groups)
- Gender balance
- Geographic diversity
Student merit scholarships to involve professional at an early stage
- Science-based objectivity:
- Full Disclosure: Financial and in-kind contributions are transparent
- Conflict of Interest: Participants are asked to set aside parent affiliations
Workshop Planning Tools
If you would like to request SETAC sponsorship of a workshop, see the SETAC Workshop Types and then the standard operating procedure (SOP) for Pellston Workshops® and Technical Workshops. Logistical information regarding locations are provided in the Annex (Supplemental Guidance).