SETAC Journals Best Paper Awards
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (ET&C) and Integrated Environmental Assessment and Management (IEAM) each bestow a best paper award annually for an article that was published in the prior volume year. Articles are nominated by editors, with input from reviewers of the papers, and judged by a committee comprised of a subset of editors from the respective journals.
Editors seek to recognize innovative or creative papers, with transparent, reproducible, rigorous and relevant science. The quality and clarity of the presentation will be considered, as will the potential impact of the paper on its field.
The SETAC Global Executive Director will notify the first author (and corresponding author, if different) ahead of the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting, but the award will be presented at any SETAC annual meeting that is most convenient to the first author. First authors will be presented with an award package that includes:
- An award plaque (as well as letters of recognition for the coauthors of the winning papers)
- A future open-access paper in either of the SETAC journals (value of US $3,000)
- A free Wiley book
- A cash award from SETAC (US $1,000)
- A one-year SETAC membership (value of US $140 )
- Paid registration for the first author to the SETAC annual meeting where the award will be presented
SETAC will also acknowledge runner-up papers with letters of recognition for all authors.
Authors do not need to be SETAC members to be considered for this award.
For a full list of previous winners and access to their papers, please visit the Best Paper Award pages for ET&C and IEAM.