The Outstanding Chapter Member Contribution Award was created in 2007 by SETAC to honor the many contributions that members make at the Regional Chapter level to SETAC. This award will be presented annually to a regional chapter member of SETAC who has been consistently contributing to the development or functioning of the Society at the Regional Chapter Level. The recipient’s contributions would include improvement of the services the Regional Chapter offers to members through activities such as:
- Leadership for members at the chapter level;
- Improving services to members;
- Enhancing the growth of the Regional Chapter membership;
- Committee representation;
- Annual Regional Chapter conference or portions thereof;
- Short courses and workshops;
- Organizational and administrative support to any of the above;
- Participation on the SETAC NA Student Advisory Council
Past Award Winners
- Todd Anderson, 2018
- Nile Kemble, 2017
- David Janz, 2016
- David Kent, 2015
- Keri L. Carstens, 2014
- Christine Custer, 2013
- Eve Gilroy, 2012
- April Markiewicz, 2011
- David Ownby, 2010
- Doranne Borsay Horowitz, 2008
The award, which will be announced each year at the SETAC North America Annual Meeting, is meant to recognize that the Society’s success and value to members is realized through the countless hours that its members contribute, often in the background, to the functioning of the Society’s Regional Chapters. Once an individual is nominated, that nomination will remain in effect for a period of three years, provided the individual has not received the award.
To qualify for this award, the recipient must:
- A current Regional Chapter member of SETAC in good standing and their SETAC chapter must be within the North America Geographic Unit of SETAC;
- It is not a requirement that the individual also be a member of SETAC at the National level;
- May be from any of the three membership sectors of the Societies (academia, government or private);
The application package must contain all of the material requested to be considered for the award
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the contributions the nominee has made. These letters must indicate how the individual has contributed to the Regional Chapter membership using the criteria listed above;
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee;
- One high resolution photo.
Selection of Awardee:
The SETAC North America Awards and Fellowships Subcommittee for Professional Awards will evaluate nominations. The winner will be announced at the SETAC North America 40th Annual Meeting in Toronto, ON, Canada, 3-7 November 2019. Registration fees for the recipient will be waived, and one-year membership will be waived by the Society in recognition of the individual's contributions.
ALL applications must be submitted online by 30 April 2019.