This award was initiated in recognition of Jeff Black's life in science and his contributions to SETAC. The SETAC/EA Jeff Black Fellowship Award provides $2,000 to a Master's-level student. Annually, EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC (EA) contributes $1,000 to the award, which is matched by the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
Past Award Winners
- Corie Fulton, 2018
- Nicholas Cipoletti, 2017
- Chantilly Higbee, 2016
- Timothy A. Bock Jr., 2015
- Katherine Strain, 2014
- Sun Young Jeong, 2013
- Lauren A. Kristofco, 2012
- Celina Gauthier, 2011
- Sandy Wiggins, 2010
- Kathryn Brausch, 2009
- Shawna Nations, 2008
- Laura Dobbins, 2007
- Amanda Harwood, 2006
- Crista Straub, 2005
- Brian Koch, 2004
- Kimberly Hays, 2003
- Kimberly R. Parks, 2002
- Jeffrey Gallagher, 2001
- Aaron Roberts, 2000
- Jennifer Hoffmann, 1999
- Jason Conder, 1998
SETAC members worldwide are eligible for this award. Applicant must be a current SETAC member and a Master's student in any field of study encompassed by SETAC, or an entering Master's student. (Please provide letter of acceptance from your advisor.)
The application packet must contain all the materials requested below.
- Cover page containing name and mailing address of applicant;
- A statement of interest in your field of study (including research interests, if formulated) (Three (3) page maximum);
- Transcripts of all completed undergraduate course work;
- Two (2) letters of support (two (2) pages maximum). One of the letters should certify that the student is, in fact, a nominee for a master’s degree;
- Advisors letter from the master's program advisor which could be one of the two letters of support that is required (two (2) pages maximum);
- A curriculum vitae (two (2) pages maximum);
- One Master's degree research proposal (one (1) page maximum).
Selection of Awardee:
The SETAC Awards and Fellowships Subcommittee for Research Awards will evaluate all nomination. The recipient will be announced at the SETAC North America 40th Annual Meeting in Toronto, ON, Canada, 3-7 November 2019.
ALL applications must be submitted online by 30 April 2019.