SETAC North America awards and
fellowships are divided into three categories: Professional awards, research fellowships and student awards.
Each award category is evaluated by
separate guidelines but maintains the intent of the Society’s award process.
Unless an award specifies otherwise, candidates may be self-nominated or
nominated by an individual or group and SETAC members or
nonmembers (guests) from the North America, Asia-Pacific or Latin America geographic units.
The SETAC North America Awards and Fellowships Committee oversees all the SETAC North
America awards. There are at least 30 regular members of the committee,
including the committee liaison, chair and subcommittee chairs. The duties of
this committee include the following:
- Solicit nominations and to select recipients for each SETAC North America award
- Administer fellowships and grants to students, including soliciting applications and selecting the awardees
- Identify funding sources that will allow SETAC to expand the number of available awards and fellowships
- Coordinate with prospective sponsors of awards and fellowships to ensure the timely and smooth implementation of new programs
- Coordinate with existing awards and fellowship sponsors to ensure their satisfaction with the operation of their SETAC award or fellowship
SETAC North America Professional Awards – Apply by 30 April
SETAC North America Research Fellowship – Apply by 30 April
Professional Travel Awards and Grants
SETAC North America Student Awards