in 1999 to honor Environmental Toxicology
and Chemistry founding Editor-in-Chief C.H. (Herb) Ward for his important
contributions to the founding and development of SETAC, this award recognizes
any past or present SETAC member who has performed long-term, exceptionally
high-quality service to the Society.
candidate must be a member of the Society and have provided long-term, exceptional service to the Society. Nominations may be made by the
candidate or by a past or present SETAC member. The nomination must be
accompanied by documentation of service made to the Society.
application package containing the following materials must be submitted
electronically to the Rebecca Bundschuh. Completed application must arrive by 14 June 2019.
- Letter of nomination.
- A curriculum vitae (5 pages maximum).
- Documentation of service to the Society.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Letter should provide
explanation for eligibility and details of how candidate excels among
colleagues with regard to duration and extent of service to SETAC.
- One high-resolution photo
SETAC Global Awards Committee will evaluate nominations independently by using
a standardized score sheet. Announcement of the awardee will be made at a SETAC annual meeting most convenient to the awardee.
The candidates will be reviewed on the services provided to the Society. For example,
- as a governance leader (local/chapter, geographic unit and/or global level),
- involvement in various volunteer committees, advisory groups or other entities,
- support of SETAC meetings (e.g. meeting organization and/or other support services),
- involvement with the membership including students and young scientists at SETAC events,
- helping SETAC maintaining its professional excellence through scientific discourse, outreach and other means.
Past Award Winners
- Ruth Hull, 2018
- Diane Nacci, 2017
- Timothy J. Canfield, 2016
- Eugene Mancini, 2016
- Joke van Wensem, 2015
- William E. Bishop, 2014
- George Cobb, 2013
- Michael McLaughlin, 2012
- William Goodfellow, 2011
- Ellen Mihaich, 2010
- Philip Howard, 2009
- Watze de Wolf, 2008
- Fred Heimbach, 2007
- Graeme Batley, 2006
- Lorraine Maltby, 2005
- Paul M. Merhle, 2004
- Joseph Gorsuch, 2003
- Teresa Norberg-King, 2002
- Kenneth Dickson, 2001
- Charles Pittinger, 2000
- Foster Mayer, 1999
- Richard Kimerle, 1996
- Nico de Oude, 1995
- Richard Tucker, 1994
- James Fava, 1993
- Rodney Parrish, 1992
- Jeffrey M. Giddings, 1991
- C. Herb Ward, 1990