Download SETAC Europe Science Committee poster
The purpose of the Europe Science Committee is to provide guidance, direction and assistance to the Society in addressing technical issues with the objective of ensuring overall scientific excellence of SETAC and its members. The Science Committee will
work closely, and coordinate its activities, with other SETAC Europe and SETAC World Committees and Interest Groups to ensure that it is aware of all technical and scientific issues pertinent to the Society.
What We Do
SETAC Europe is a scientific society entirely dedicated to the support and development of the best scientific knowledge for a better environment. The Society is governed by the SETAC Europe Council (SEC).
The Science Committee drives the science of SETAC Europe by providing guidance, direction and assistance to SEC in addressing technical and scientific issues, with the objective of ensuring overall scientific excellence of the organisation.
More specifically, the Science Committee reviews the proposals or proposed topics for workshops, symposia, topic meetings and annual meetings, always with a strong focus on leadership composition, scientific scope and momentum. The Science Committee is
also in charge of advising the SEC about the establishment of special interest groups and providing recommendations for future meetings.
This committee has the largest representation in SETAC Europe, including SETAC Europe Council members, the interest groups chairs, regional branches presidents and members at large. This is an excellent opportunity for you to share your experience and
interact with a large scientific network.
- Véronique Poulsen (Chair), L'Oréal, France
- Koen Oorts (Vice Chair), ARCHE Consulting, Belgium
- Jörg Römbke, Immediate Past Chair, ECT, Germany
- Geoffrey Hodges, Unilever, UK
- Gerd Maack, German Environment Agency, Germany
- Gert Everaert, Flanders Marine Institute, Belgium
- Katja Knauer, Federal Office for Agriculture, Switzerland
- Koen Oorts, ARCHE Consulting, Belgium
- Kristina Bitter, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Marie-Hélène Enrici, Solvay, France
- Peter Dohmen, BASF SE, Germany
- Vanessa Roeben, Research Institute gaiac, Germany
- Roel Evens, SETAC Office, Belgium
- Interest Groups Chairs
- Regional Branches Presidents
In addition to about two meetings / telephone conferences per year (each lasting maximum 2 hours), reviewing different types of meeting proposals (including the Scientific Committee of the SETAC Europe annual meetings) requires approximately 2 hours/month.
How to Join
Do you have questions and/or would like to join the Science Committee? Please contact the current Science Committee Chair,
Véronique Poulsen or the Vice Chair, Koen Oorts.
View the 2018 activity report.