Download SETAC Europe Nominations Committee poster
Do you think SETAC is a great society to contribute to? Do you wish to influence the governance of SETAC Europe? Do you have ideas about the future leadership of SETAC? If so, please join the SETAC Europe Nominations Committee!
What We Do
The Nominations Committee is chaired by the Immediate Past President. With the support of the SETAC Europe office, the committee’s tasks include:
- Recruitment and nomination of candidates for the SETAC Europe Council. Elections will take place during the General Assembly held in May each year. Voting insures the balanced tripartite composition of the Council. The Nominations Committee checks
candidates for their eligibility and prepares the list of candidates representing the different sectors (academia, government and business).
- Recruitment and nomination of candidates for the incoming vice president of the SETAC Europe Council.
- Recruitment and nominations of candidates for the treasurer of the SETAC Europe Council. Elections will take place every three years.
- Karel De Schamphelaere, Ghent University, Belgium
- Anne Alix, Corteva Agriscience, UK
- José Julio Ortega-Calvo, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Spain
- Mafalda Castro (Student Representative), Stockholm University, Sweden
- Veerle Vanderveire, SETAC Office, Belgium
The Nominations Committee has regular conference calls to align the activities of the recruitment of candidates. You are expected to have an active attitude exploring your networks for potential candidates.
How to Join
We have vacancies for student members and regular SETAC members. Check out our website or contact Anne Alix, the Nominations Committee Chair.
Download the nominations document here.