Download the SETAC Europe Finance Committee poster
Finances are key in every society! The Finance Committee is supporting SETAC Europe’s Executive Director to maintain and develop a financially healthy basis. On these grounds, the Society is able to reliably plan for its future operations!
What We Do
- The year plan and budget
- Quarterly financial statements
- Proposals for use of reinvestment funds
- Advise the SETAC Europe Council on conference fee changes
We also present the year plan and budget to the General Assembly for approval.
- Mirco Bundschuh (Chair), University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
- Iseult Lynch (Vice Chair), University of Birmingham, UK
- Michelle Bloor (Immediate Past Chair), SRUC, UK
- Anne Alix, Corteva Agriscience, UK
- Arnd Weyers, Bayer AG, Germany
- Gertie Arts, Wageningen University & Research, the Netherlands
- Kees van Gestel, VU Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Lucia Guilhermino, ICBAS & CIIMAR University of Porto, Portugal
- Markus Schmitz (Student Representative), RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Alexander Feckler, Early Career Representative, SLU, Sweden
- Veerle Vanderveire, SETAC Office, Belgium
The Finance Committee does usually not require much of your time while it still allows to support the Society in financial decisions.
- It usually takes between one to three hours to review the next years’ budget and their quarterly updates. This might be followed by a short teleconference to address open questions and suggestions.
- There is also the possibility that urgent matters need to be discussed via a teleconference in addition to the budget-related appointments, which typically does not exceed one or two occasions a year.
- Overall, the Finance Committee takes a time commitment of approximately twenty hours a year.
How to Join
Interested in supporting your Society on financial matters and in understanding how SETAC Europe works financially? We have vacancies!
Get in touch with our Treasurer and Committee Chair, Mirco Bundschuh and find out more!