Download the Certification Program Committee poster
The Certification Program Committee (CPC) plays a central role in the SETAC Europe Certification of Environmental RiskAssessors (CRA) programme.
Who We Are
We are SETAC members, environmental scientists and environmental risk assessors from all sectors within SETAC, believing in the importance of an internationally recognised standard for Environmental Risk Assessors. Coming from academia, business and government,
we share our different perspectives, expertise and opinions.
What We Do
The Certification Program Committee is central to the CRA program and dedicated to manage and further optimize it.
We are responsible for:
- Evaluating candidates wishing to start the training
- Developing and submitting multiple-choice exams to candidates
proofing the basic knowledge
- Checking the eligibility of candidates for direct certification
- Reviewing the environmental risk assessment report and staffing a
suitable Examination Panel for every candidate
- Evaluating and controlling the quality of courses for inclusion in the
CRA list of approved courses
- Developing a system for the re-certification of certified risk assessors
- Supervising the CRA program
- Contributing to the development of a Global SETAC certification program
- Promoting the CRA program and advocating for the certification of risk assessors working for government, industry or consultancy
How We Do It
We work closely with other committees like the CRA Advisory Board and the SETAC Europe Education Committee.
We meet 6–8 times a year via telephone conference and once a year face-to-face during the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting, while urgent matters are discussed via email.
- Kees Van Gestel (Chair), Vrije University Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Nico Van den Brink (Vice Chair), Wageningen
University, the Netherlands
- Karel De Schamphelaere (Immediate Past Chair), Ghent University, Belgium
- Anne Alix, Corteva Agriscience, UK
- Charles Bodar, RIVM, the Netherlands
- Jörg Römbke, ECT, Germany
- Juliana Rodrigues Gadelha, AquaBioTech Group, Malta
- Ludek Blaha, Masaryk University, RECETOX, Czech Republic
- Marie-Hélène Enrici, Solvay, France
- Nikola Bitsch, Celanese, Germany
- Samuel Maynard, AstraZeneca, UK
- Teresa Fernandes, Heriot-Watt University, UK
- Véronique Poulsen, L´Oréal, France
- Samuel Moeris, Student Representative, Ghent University, Belgium
- Rebecca Bundschuh, SETAC Office, Belgium
How to Join
We have vacancies - find out more on the SETAC website and join us! To apply, please send a covering letter explaining your motivation to join the CPC and a CV to Kees van Gestel, Certification Program Committee