Download SETAC Europe Awards Committee poster
Join the Awards Committee! Take part in the revamp of the SETAC Europe Awards programme to ensure that we highlight what we value in publishing and presenting of outstanding environmental science research, in promoting scientific credibility, inspiring
education, and sound risk communication.
Who We Are
We are a group of scientists with backgrounds ranging across the field of environmental science and we are looking for more members: Students, young and experienced professionals. We are SETAC Europe Council members and SETAC members at large interested
in contributing to the quality of environmental science performed within the society and in general.
What We Do
For the year 2020-2021 we will be focusing on:
- Evaluating the success of the new SETAC Europe Award Programme
- Soliciting nominations for SETAC Europe awards
- Assessing the dossiers and nominations that are sent in for the various awards and select the recipients of the awards
What Is In It for You
- You will contribute to new Awards programme allowing you to impact the quality of environmental science research and the development of young scientists
- You will experience the pride and gratitude for the recognition that is expressed by all of the award winners
- You stay abreast of recent developments in the environmental science arena
- You are able to further develop your own critical evaluation skills
- Michelle Bloor (Chair), SRUC, UK
- Simon Lüderwald (Vice Chair), BASF SE, Germany
- Annegaaike Leopold (Immediate Past Chair), Calidris Environment, the Netherlands
- Carmen Casado-Martinez, Spanish Institute of Oceanography, Spain
- Christopher Cooper, International Zinc Association, Belgium
- Gert Everaert, Flanders Marine Institute, Belgium
- Gertie Arts, Wageningen University & Research, the Netherlands
- Iseult Lynch, University of Birmingham, UK
- Ismael Rodea-Palomares, Bayer CropScience NA, USA
- José Julio Ortega-Calvo, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Spain
- Julian Blasco Moreno, Spanish National Research Council (CSIC), Spain
- Lucia Guilhermino, ICBAS & CIIMAR University of Porto, Portugal
- Marco Vighi, IMDEA Water Institute, Spain
- Mark Hodson, University of York, UK
- Mike Roberts, Independent Consultant, UK
- Rajdeep Roy (Student Representative), University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
- Rebecca Bundschuh, SETAC Europe, Belgium
- SETAC Europe President (ex officio)
- SETAC Europe Executive Director (ex officio)
- SETAC Europe secretary (ex officio)
The time investment in meetings is about one hour every month in (preparations for) phone meetings. In February, the evaluation of the award candidates takes a couple of days of your time.
How to Join
Contact the Awards Committee Chair, Michelle Bloor or Rebecca Bundschuh.
To go to the Awards Committee Team site, please click here For committee members only.