SETAC Meetings and Workshops
SETAC meetings and workshops provide a forum for environmental professionals for the exchange of information and ideas, collaboration and networking.
SETAC Global Meetings encompass a broad spectrum of topics and are held annually in Europe in May and in North America in November and every other year in Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America regions.
SETAC Focus Topic Meetings and Symposia address specific scientific issues.
SETAC Workshops bring together leading experts to address pressing environmental challenges as needed.
SETAC Branch and Chapter Meetings bring together environmental professionals in an intimate regional setting.
Our approach to planning all our programs is based on our principles and values.
- Multidisciplinary approaches to solving environmental problems:
- A range of technical expertise from various fields
- Varied viewpoints (scientists, engineers and managers)
- Multi-stakeholder engagement:
- Balance in participation among academia, business, and government (consistent with foundling principles) as well as inclusion of stakeholders from other sectors such as non-profit and public interest groups.
- Gender balance
- Geographic diversity
- Career level diversity: Student merit scholarships to involve professional at an early stage
- Science-based objectivity:
- Full Disclosure: Financial and in-kind contributions are transparent
- Conflict of Interest: Participants are asked to set aside parent affiliations