SETAC North America Board of Directors Election Results
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
The results of the SETAC North America elections have been finalized. Close to 20 percent of SETAC North America members voted during the election. Four measures appeared on the ballot. In addition to three academic positions, voters chose one government representative and a North America representative for the SETAC World Council. Amendments about student representation on the SETAC North America board were also on the ballot.
Overwhelming Majority Embraces Enhanced Student Representation
In an effort to more fully integrate student leadership, the proposed amendments would increase student engagement with the SETAC North America Board of Directors from one to two student representatives and to extend the students’ terms from a one-year to a two-year term. The constitutional amendments passed with 93.4% of voters in favor to give students a stronger voice in the future direction of the society.
Board Welcomes Newly Elected Officers
Members voted on a total of five new representatives. They will officially join the board during the SETAC North America 39th Annual Meeting, which will be held from 4–8 November in Sacramento, California. The newly elected officers are:
- Patricia Ramirez-Romero, Metropolitan Autonomous University, Mexico
- Tisha King-Heiden, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, USA
- Susanne Brander, Oregon State University, USA
- Michelle Hornberger, U.S. Geological Survey, USA
SETAC World Council Representative At-Large Representative
- Thomas Augspurger, Federal Government, USA
Thanks to the Outgoing Board Members for Their Exceptional Service
SETAC North America sincerely thanks the outgoing board members for their exceptional service and all they have accomplished during their time on the board:
- Immediate Past President: Thomas Augspurger, Federal Government, USA
- Student Member: Alex MacLeod, University of Maryland, USA
- Board Members:
- Jennifer L. Bouldin, Arkansas State University, USA
- Fernando Martínez-Jerónimo, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biológicas-I.P.N., Mexico
- Kristie L. Willett, University of Mississippi, USA
- SETAC World Council Immediate Past President (end of 2018): Kurt J. Maier, East Tennessee State University, USA
For more information, please contact the SETAC North America office at email@example.com.