Sessions at SETAC North American Annual Meetings
The SETAC HHRA IG continuously works on sponsoring session proposals, individually and with other IGs, for SETAC North American Annual Meetings to advance HHRA within SETAC. All help in that effort is welcome.
Comment on Regulatory Issues
The SETAC HHRA IG periodically draws on the expertise of its members to comment on regulatory issues through ad hoc groups.
- In 2015, members of the HHRA IG participate in an ad hoc Dialogue Group that was formed under the Public Outreach Committee. The group has prepared two technical issue papers:
- The Role of the Weight of Evidence in Environmental Hazard Assessment
- Ecological Risk Assessment of Chemicals: An Integration of Hazard and Exposure
- The SETAC HHRA IG is the main SETAC representative with the World Health Organization Chemical Risk Assessment Network (WHOCRAN). The network was established in late 2013 with a goal to support global efforts to assess and manage the risks associated with exposures to hazardous chemicals.
- The SETAC HHRA IG participated in preparing comments on two issues that had been submitted for consideration as emerging policy issues to the Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM) International Conference on Chemicals Management (ICCM) at its third session (2012).
- Comments (.pdf file) on "International Cooperation to Build Awareness and Understanding and Promote Actions on Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals”
- Comments (.pdf file) on "Environmental Persistent Pharmaceutical Pollutants”