Home | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In
SCIRIC and related activities in Orlando
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/8/2016 at 2:17:42 PM GMT
SCIRIC and related activities in Orlando

Dear all,

I will attend the SWC in Orlando and hope to meet up with many SCIRIC members there. We do not plan for an official SCIRIC meeting, but we could just agree on a nice place at or near the venue, if there's interest.

However, we have planned also some specific SCIRIC activities:

1. Poster in the AG corner. This is a good spot to meet and chat. If you are new to SCIRIC we can make an appointment there to get known to each other and answer your questions, discuss our work. I will also try to be around in the breaks. If you are familiar with SCIRIC (e.g. from the Steering Committee) it would be nice if you could also have an I on the poster and approach people who seem interested.

2. 30 min slot at the SETAC central area. I applied for a time slot to introduce SCIRIC using some slides. This would also be a good opportunity to meet. So just come along and talk to us or help us informing people about the group. Details will follow.

3. AG summit. There will be again a summit of AG chairs. If you have any specific ideas what I should communicate there, whom to approach, etc., just give me a hint.

4. Session on "Ideas and concepts for dissemination and communication of research findings in times of Open Science and Science 2.0". We didn't receive many abstracts and hence this is now planned as a pure poster session. Anyway, in the past poster sessions proved to be very good platforms for intense discussions. So Leonie and I will be there at the socials, and I hope you join us.

Best, Thomas

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.