Home | Print Page | Contact Us | Sign In
Collating science and risk communication expertise and experience at SWC?
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

9/5/2016 at 4:19:59 PM GMT
Collating science and risk communication expertise and experience at SWC?

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well and that those folks state-side are having a great Labor day weekend! I won't be able to attend the SETAC World congress this year but was wondering if there were any thoughts from the group about using the conference as an opportunity to engage in the 'people' side of the SCIRIC workflow. We had some nice discussions at the Nantes meeting and I was thinking of ways in which we could start collating information from previous sessions and from the communication work done by SETAC members thus far.

One place to start could be collecting abstracts from the previously held science/risk communication-oriented sessions and generating a brief overview of the types of activities and the audiences engaged already by SETAC members. Then perhaps if SCIRIC has any slides to be shown in the SETAC booth or time in the SETAC corner (not sure how things are set up this year), maybe we could use that to advertise an online survey (or informal Q&A). This could then be used to capture work not presented in previous sessions in order to see where SETAC members could use additional support from SCIRIC.  

Anyways, just wanted to send out some ideas as I am thinking about ways to find more about SETAC members' scicomm/riskcomm activities which were spurred by our discussion in Nantes. Also, were there any follow-up thoughts to setting up a SETAC SCIRIC twitter account?

Thanks and all the best,
-Erica 

9/8/2016 at 1:57:15 PM GMT
Hi Sarah,

thanks for your post! Is a good idea to make a list of the things on communication we had at SETAC AMs so far. That's already a lot and will show how active we are, where the expertise lies. I also like the idea of capturing SCIRIC-related presentations not present in our sessions. Would you be able to produce such a survey? Leonie and I will prepare slides for the SETAC central area, where I applied for a 30 min slot to introduce and advertise SCIRIC. There we could announce the survey.

Regarding the twitter account: since we are still in the establishment phase I suggest to wait for this until we are fully operational (guidelines adopted, work really started, steering committee active) and have something to report. But then I would be very happy if you could start this.

Best, Thomas

9/8/2016 at 1:57:50 PM GMT
Oh, sorry, Erica. ;-)

9/8/2016 at 3:54:41 PM GMT
No problem! I can put together a draft survey and send it to you next week.
All the best!
EKB

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.