The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award recognizes exceptional achievements by a young scientist in the field of life cycle assessment, for example, an extraordinary Ph.D. thesis that provides a significant contribution to LCA development and implementation. This award is dedicated for one researcher or a group.
The award is sponsored by Lenzing AG and Springer-Verlag. It is possible to share an award as achievements are frequently due to a team effort.
- Nominee must show a demonstrable outstanding contribution to the field
- Nominee should be younger than 35 years
- Self nominations or nominations by others are welcome
- Applications must be submitted before the 29 September 2014 deadline by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – no applications by post or fax will be accepted
- A letter outlining the eligibility of the nominees for the award
- Curriculum vitae of the nominees
- A supporting letter explaining why the candidate or group should be considered for the award
The curriculum vitae and letter should be a maximum of six pages. Sufficient information should be provided to facilitate an objective evaluation of the nominees, hence evidence of the attributes of the nominees and the conduct of activities embracing the elements of the award shown above must be provided.
- Send all files as a single zip file of separate Word documents or as a single .pdf file
- The application packet must contains all of the requested materials to be considered for an award
- The title of the documents must include the nominee’s names – last name, first name, name of material
Selection Process (in chronological order):
- Nominations will be evaluated independently by a sub-committee of the SETAC Europe LCA Steering Committee
- The full committee will discuss the outcome to determine the recipient
- The successful nominee will be informed of the decision by 13 October 2014
- All other applicants will be informed afterwards
- A two- year subscription to the online edition of the International Journal of LCA
- A short presentation (about one printed page) of the award winner in the journal
Lenzing AG sponsors:
- The SETAC registration fee, travel and accommodation expenses for the symposium
The award will be presented at the 20th SETAC Europe Case Study Symposium in Novi Sad, Serbia, 24-26 November 2014.
- 2013, Rosalie Van Zelm, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- 2012, Miguel Brandão, ILCA / 2.-0 LCA Consultants, Spain/Denmark
- 2011, Stephan Pfister, Institute of Environmental Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2010, Jesper Hedal Kloverpris, Novozymes A/S, Denmark