The awards will be presented at the 28th SETAC Europe annual meeting from 13–17 May 2018 in Rome, Italy and the article must have been published or accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal in the calendar year prior to the meeting (published in 2017). This award is made available by:
RIFCON and SETAC Europe
Past Award Winners
- 2017, Yang Yue, Eawag, Switzerland
- 2016, Gert Everaert, Ghent University, Belgium
- 2016, Vasiliki Tsarpali, University of Patras, Greece
- 2015, Thomas Schaubroeck, Ghent University, Belgium
- 2015, Martina Pini, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- 2015, Hannah Schug, Eawag, Switzerland
- 2014, Iria Gonzalez Mariño, Mario Negri Institute, Italy
- 2014, Dieter De Coninck, Ghent University, Belgium
- 2014, Stephan Fischer, Eawag, Switzerland
- 2013, Martine Jordaan, Cape Nature, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- 2013, Lubertus Bijlsma, University Jaume I, Spain
- 2013, Joana Reis Almeida, University of Porto, CIIMAR, Portugal
- 2012, Thomas Sizmur, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- 2012, Karina Petersen, NIVA, Norway
- 2012, Mirco Bundschuh, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
- 2011, Annekatrin Dreyer, Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research, Germany
- 2011, Claire Duchet. European University of Bretagne, France
- 2011, Julia Farkas, NIVA, Norway
- 2010, Emma Undeman, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2009, Christian Bogdal, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zürich, Switzerland
- 2009, Monica Martinez-Haro, University of Castilla, La Mancha, Spain
- 2009, Stefanie Knauert, Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture, Switzerland
- 2007, Alin Mirel Puinean, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Herts, United Kingdom
- 2006, Till Luckenbach, UFZ Leipzig, Cell Toxicology, Leipzig, Germany
- 2005, Scott Hecht, National Marine Fisheries Service, Office of Protected Resources, Washington, USA
- 2004, Samuel Peña-Llopis, Institute of Aquaculture Torre de la Sal (CSIC), Ribera de Cabanes, Spain
- 2003, Juliette Legler, Institute of Environmental studies, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2002, Sandra M. Brasfield, University of New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada
- 2001, Niels Jonkers, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2000, Paul van den Brink. University of Wageningen, The Netherlands
- 1999, Susana Alves, Env. Techn. Inst. Lisbon, Portugal
- 1997, Yvonne Allen, CEFAS, Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
How to apply for the best publication award?
Submit your paper (if more than one paper has been accepted or published in the evaluation period, select the paper you consider to be the best). Only ONE paper per candidate will be accepted. If the article is not published in English, an English translation must accompany the candidate’s application.
The award candidate must be a SETAC Europe member based in a geographical area administered by SETAC Europe. Applicants must be students or early career scientists (within 2 years from PhD graduation or within 3 years from MSc graduation).
Applicants are requested to submit
- a copy of the submitted paper with details of the publishing journal, supplemental information and confirmation of acceptance.
- a brief curriculum vitae, including date of birth and personal information (home address and contact information: telephone number and email address).
- details of the sponsoring institution together with a statement signed by the supervisor confirming that the article submitted for the award has been primarily written by the candidate and that he or she performed main parts of the research reported.
- For recent graduates, please add a copy of your latest degree.
If you are the selected candidate, you will receive
- a free registration to the upcoming SETAC Europe Annual Meeting.
- prize money made available by SETAC Europe or RIFCON
- invitation to the Presidents Reception at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting
- opportunity to present the work at a SETAC Europe Annual Meeting
- framed certificate
The application must reach the SETAC Europe office or the chair of the Awards Committee no later than 31 January 2018.
For information and applications:
Avenue de la Toison d'Or 67 b 6
Telephone +32 (0)2 772 72 81
Fax +32 (0)2 770 53 86
Chair Awards Committee SETAC Europe
Annegaaike Leopold (The Netherlands)