This award was initiated in recognition of Jeff Black's life in science and his contributions to SETAC. The SETAC/EA Jeff Black Fellowship Award provides $2,000 to a Master's-level student. Annually, EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC (EA) contributes $1,000 to the award, which is matched by the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
Past Award Winners
- Chantilly Higbee, 2016
- Timothy A. Bock Jr., 2015
- Katherine Strain, 2014
- Sun Young Jeong, 2013
- Lauren A. Kristofco, 2012
- Celina Gauthier, 2011
- Sandy Wiggins, 2010
- Kathryn Brausch, 2009
- Shawna Nations, 2008
- Laura Dobbins, 2007
- Amanda Harwood, 2006
- Crista Straub, 2005
- Brian Koch, 2004
- Kimberly Hays, 2003
- Kimberly R. Parks, 2002
- Jeffrey Gallagher, 2001
- Aaron Roberts, 2000
- Jennifer Hoffmann, 1999
- Jason Conder, 1998
SETAC members worldwide are eligible for this award. Applicant must be a current SETAC member and a Master's student in any field of study encompassed by SETAC, or an entering Master's student. (Please provide letter of acceptance from your advisor.)
The application packet must contain all the materials requested below.
- Cover page containing title of award, name and mailing address of applicant.
- A statement of interest in your field of study (including research interests, if formulated) [3 page maximum].
- Transcripts of all completed undergraduate course work.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A letter from your Master's program advisor (could be one of the three above).
- A curriculum vitae (résumé) of the applicant.
- One Master's degree research proposal.
- One high resolution photo.
Selection of Awardee:
The SETAC Awards and Fellowships Subcommittee for Research Awards will evaluate all proposals by using a standardized score sheet. The recipient will be announced at the SETAC North America 38th Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, 12-16 November 2017.
ALL applications must be submitted electronically to Laura Swanson at the SETAC Office. Completed application must arrive by to be determined.