Enter the SETAC Global Environmental Photography Contest
Do you enjoy taking and showing off beautiful photographs of different elements of our wonderful environment? Can you see ways to capture SETAC science through the camera lens? Would you like to contribute to the photos for the SETAC Annual Report? The Society is offering you the chance to do just that, with its new Global Environmental Photography Program. We launched the first phase of the contest and announced the inaugural winners at the SETAC North America annual meeting in 2012. The second phase winners will be announced at the SETAC Europe 23rd Annual Meeting in Glasgow in May.
Each accepted submission will be displayed in a gallery online and in print at the SETAC Store during the Glasgow meeting. (If the volume of submissions necessitates pre-vote judging to reduce the number of accepted entries, a panel of volunteer SETAC members will perform that task.) We will award prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, with prizes to be announced at a later date.
Deadline for submissions is 15 April 2013. Voting will take place online from 29 April–13 May. Winners will be announced during the Glasgow meeting (date TBA).
- You must be a SETAC member to enter.
- Submit only 1 photo per person. The photo must have been taken by you; you many not submit on behalf of another photographer.
- Ensure that your photos accurately reflects the environmental subject matter and the scene, as it appeared when the photo was taken. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. This is a photography contest, not a Photoshop contest.
- Submit a digital version of each photo to email@example.com for review and approval. Deadline is 15 April 2013. Digital version file requirements: JPEG/JPG only. Resolution must be 300 dpi. File size must be at least 2 MB, and dimensions must not exceed 8 x 10 inches (210 x 297 mm, A4). Orientation may be either vertical or horizontal.
- Along with your submission, include your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, title of the photo and a line crediting you as the photographer.
- By submitting your photo, you agree to the following:
- to submit a signed model release for any photo that contains a human subject.
- that the photo is your work, to which which you hold all rights, and which rights you will retain.
- to assign SETAC the right to use your submitted photo in electronic and print media for its publications and promotional materials.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.