The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award recognizes exceptional achievements by a young scientist in the field of life-cycle assessment, e.g. an extraordinary PhD thesis that provides a significant contribution to LCA development and implementation. This award is dedicated for one researcher or a group.
The award will be sponsored by Lenzing AG and Springer-Verlag. It is possible to share an award as achievements are frequently due to a team effort.
In order to be qualified:
- a demonstrable outstanding contribution to the field of the nominee must be provided,
- a nominee(s) should be younger than 35 years,
- a nomination must be done by candidate/groups themselves or by other individuals/groups,
- an application must be submitted before the 29th of September 2014 by email to: email@example.com – no applications by post or fax will be accepted.
- a letter outlining the eligibility of the nominee(s) for the award,
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee(s),
- a supporting letter explaining why the candidate/group should be considered for the award.
The Curriculum vitae and letter should be a maximum of 6 pages. Sufficient information should be provided to facilitate an objective evaluation of the nominee(s), hence evidence of the attributes of the nominee(s) and the conduct of activities embracing the elements of the award shown above must be provided.
Correct form of submitted documents:
- sent together in a zipped file of separate .doc files or in single .pdf file,
- an application packet contains all of the requested materials to be considered for an award,
- the documents’ titles include nominee’s name, e.g. last name, first name, name of material.
Selection Process (in chronological order):
- nominations will be evaluated independently by a sub-committee of the SETAC Europe LCA Steering Committee,
- the full committee will discuss the outcome to determine the recipient,
- the successful nominee will be informed of the decision by October 13th, 2014
- all other applicants will also be informed, afterwards.
Springer-Verlag publishers sponsor:
- a subscription (two years) of Int. J. LCA (online edition) for the awarded "young researcher",
- a short presentation (about one printed page) of the award winner in the journal.
Lenzing AG sponsor:
- expenses for the SETAC registration fee, travel and accommodation during the symposium.
The award will be presented at the 20th SETAC Europe Case Study Symposium in Novi Sad, Serbia, 24-26 November 2014.
- 2013, Rosalie Van Zelm, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- 2012, Miguel Brandão, ILCA / 2.-0 LCA Consultants, Spain/Denmark
- 2011, Stephan Pfister, Institute of Environmental Engineering, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- 2010, Jesper Hedal Kloverpris, Novozymes A/S, Denmark