must be students or early career scientists (within 2 years from PhD graduation
or within 5 years from MSc graduation, if from industry). The awards are presented
at the SETAC Europe annual meeting and the article must have been published or
accepted for publication in a peer-reviewed journal in the calendar year prior
to the meeting. This award is made available by:
- SETAC Europe Award for the best publication in risk
assessment, modelling and theoretical studies.
- SETAC Europe Award for the best publication in chemical analysis and environmental monitoring.
- RifCon Award for the best publication in ecotoxicology, ecoepidemiology and biological/biochemical studies
- 2014, Iria Gonzalez Mariño, Mario Negri Institute, Italy
- 2014, Dieter De Coninck, Ghent University, Belgium
- 2014, Stephan Fischer, Eawag, Switzerland
- 2013, Martine Jordaan, Cape Nature, Stellenbosch, South Africa
- 2013, Lubertus Bijlsma, University Jaume I, Spain
- 2013, Joana Reis Almeida, University of Porto, CIIMAR, Portugal
- 2012, Thomas Sizmur, University of Reading, United Kingdom
- 2012, Karina Petersen, NIVA, Norway
- 2012, Mirco Bundschuh, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
- 2011, Annekatrin Dreyer, Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research,
- 2011, Claire Duchet. European University of Bretagne, France
- 2011, Julia Farkas, NIVA, Norway
- 2010, Emma Undeman, Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2009, Christian Bogdal, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zürich, Switzerland
- 2009, Monica Martinez-Haro, University of Castilla, La Mancha, Spain
- 2009, Stefanie Knauert, Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture, Switzerland
- 2007, Alin Mirel Puinean, Rothamsted Research, Harpenden, Herts, United Kingdom
- 2006, Till Luckenbach, UFZ Leipzig, Cell Toxicology, Leipzig, Germany
- 2005, Scott Hecht, National Marine Fisheries Service, Office of Protected Resources, Washington,
- 2004, Samuel Peña-Llopis, Institute of Aquaculture Torre de la Sal (CSIC), Ribera de Cabanes, Spain
- 2003, Juliette Legler, Institute of Environmental studies, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2002, Sandra M. Brasfield, University of New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada
- 2001, Niels Jonkers, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- 2000, Paul van den Brink. University of Wageningen, The Netherlands
- 1999, Susana Alves, Env. Techn. Inst. Lisbon, Portugal
- 1997, Yvonne Allen, CEFAS, Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
to apply for the best publication award?
Submit your paper (if more than one
paper has been accepted or published in the evaluation period, select the paper
you consider to be the best). Only ONE paper per candidate will be accepted. If
the article is not published in English, an English translation must accompany
the candidate’s application.
The award candidate must be based in a geographical area administered by SETAC Europe (i.e. Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa).
Applicants are requested to submit
- a copy of the submitted paper with details of the
publishing journal and confirmation of acceptance. personal information
(home address and contact information: telephone number and email
address) and a brief curriculum vitae, including date of birth.
- details of the sponsoring institution together with a
statement signed by the supervisor confirming that the article submitted
for the award has been primarily written by the candidate and that he or
she performed main parts of the research reported.
you are the selected candidate, you will receive
- a free registration to the upcoming SETAC Europe Annual
- prize money up to 1000 EURO made available by SETAC Europe, Eurofins or RifCon
- invitation to the Presidents Reception at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting
- opportunity to present the work, either as a poster or
as a platform presentation
- framed certificate
application must reach the SETAC Europe office or the chair of the Awards
Committee no later than 31 December.
For information and applications:
Avenue de la Toison d'Or 67 b 6
Telephone +32 (0)2 772 72 81
Fax +32 (0)2 770 53 86
Chair Awards Committee SETAC Europe
Gertie Arts (Alterra, Wageningen University, The Netherlands)