The listserv that is associated with this community is: email@example.com
You can send email using your local email client to this address if you are a member of this group. You will only be able to send and receive emails through this list using
the email address that SETAC has on record in your profile. If you
need to change your email address, click on "manage profile" in the upper right corner of this screen and modify our profile settings. If you still have trouble with your contact information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for assistance.
Listserv Rules & Etiquette:
Thanks for being part of our Listserv community. To ensure the best
possible experience for all Listserv members, we have established some
basic guidelines for participation.
By using these e-mail lists, you agree that you have read and will
follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups.
You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the
medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your
peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing
conversation. Questions about SETAC should be directed to
(email@example.com). Technical questions should be directed to
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important
guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil
and fruitful dialogue, SETAC reserves the right to suspend or terminate
membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
• Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are
meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others
have their say, just as you may.
• Don't post commercial messages on any listserv. Contact people
directly with product and service information if you believe it would
• Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists
is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander,
and antitrust laws.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal
materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a Listserv
message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not
want anyone to know came from you.
• Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal
rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of
information posted to the list.
• Remember that SETAC and other e-mail list participants have the right to reproduce postings to this Listserv.
• Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
• Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address.
• State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject
line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting
and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
• Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your
reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the
• Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
• Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to
individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail
application's forwarding option and typing in or cutting and pasting in
the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
• Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Listserv. Instead, edit your email preferences in your profile. If you are changing e-mail addresses, make the change in your profile, the listserv will automatically pull your email from your SETAC profile.
• Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject
line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long
The Legal Stuff:
These Listservs are provided as a service of SETAC. SETAC is not
responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by
others. SETAC disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted
on this site, whether posted by SETAC or any third party; this
disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and
fitness. In no event shall SETAC be liable for any special, indirect, or
consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of
use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or
performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or
illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material
protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By
posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or
she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received
permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party
grants SETAC and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license
to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such
information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to
arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to
price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended
to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate
an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices,
discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit
margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets;
allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or
termination of customers or suppliers.
SETAC does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and
does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in
the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to SETAC’s
attention, SETAC will take all appropriate action.
SETAC reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.