SETAC Asia/Pacific will present a workshop in Ambon, Indonesia, to explore challenges and opportunities for high-quality data production in the context of environmental contaminants. Discussions will focus on field collection through to analytical QA/QC. Emphasis will be placed on data interpretation and publication.
Ambon is the main city and seaport of Ambon Island and is the capital of Maluku province of Indonesia. It is one of the largest cities in eastern Indonesia.
Call for Poster AbstractsAbstract submission for poster presentations is now open. Submit your abstract in English and not more than 300 words on an A4 size page to Amanda.email@example.com.
- Developing a study program
- Sampling; landscape, sites, tools, methods and storage
- Laboratory integrity – confidence in meaningful results
- State of the environment testing in Indonesia, insights into national proficiency testing
- Indonesian case studies
- Interpreting contaminant concentrations in environmental compartments
- Interpreting guidelines values and reviewing water quality reports
- Publication in international journals
- Practical approaches to environmental sampling
Yusthinus Male – University of Pattimura, Indonesia
Amanda Reichelt-Brushett – Southern Cross University, Australia
Reg de Wit – Intertek, Indonesia
Graham Lancaster – Environmental Analytical Laboratory, Australia
Abstract submission for poster presentations: 14 August 2014
Acceptance decision by scientific committee: 21 August 2014
SETAC member: IDR 200.000
HKI member: IDR 300.000
Nonmember: IDR 400.000
SETAC member: US$ 70
Nonmember: US$ 100
Registration payment should be directly transferred to:
Bank Name : Mandiri Bank
Branch of Pattimura University, Ambon
ACC : 152-00-0140772-1
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Science
Biotek Bulding 2nd Fl.
Poka, Ambon, Indonesia
firstname.lastname@example.org (Australia) and email@example.com (Indonesia)
This workshop will be followed by the 3rd International Conference of the Indonesian Chemical Society (ICICS 2014), which will be held from 16–17 September 2014 at Pattimura University Ambon.