As we discussed late last year and at the SETAC meeting in Nov., we are kicking off a Work Group under the Sediment Advisory Group (SEDAG) to address the risk management side of things. A number of you have previously expressed an interest in this topic and have been already contacted via e-mail. I uploaded this post to SEDAG so I apologize for the duplication if you are subscribed to both.
I’d like to get this moving and set up a call for March. There are a variety of aspects we could pursue and I thought once we have a working team we can set up calls, webinars, and surveys to solidify our group objectives.
· Establishment of Remedial Action Objectives (qualitative)
· Development of clean-up goals (quantitative)
· Integration of risk into remedial alternative/technology evaluation
· Attainment of long-term risk objectives
· Establishment of monitoring objectives
· Development and implementation of monitoring programs
Possible Work Group products:
· Sponsor/organize SETAC Global meeting sessions and presentations
· Coordinate or promote sessions with other organizations (SETAC chapters, Battelle sediments, SRA, SWMG, etc.,); in particular an ASTM Task Group for Sediment Corrective Action has kicked off. I have joined this team and plan to participate remotely. We should be aware of what they are doing and see if we can dovetail or integrate our activities.
· White papers
· Journal articles
· Technical guidance (probably a bit ambitious)
· What else?