This award was initiated in recognition of Jeff Black's life in science and his contributions to SETAC. The SETAC/EA Jeff Black Fellowship Award provides $2,000 to a Master's-level student. EA Engineering, Science, Technology, Inc. (EA) will contribute $1,000 to the 2014 award which will be matched by the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry.
Past Award Winners
- Katherine Strain, 2014
- Sun Young Jeong, 2013
- Lauren A. Kristofco, 2012
- Celina Gauthier, 2011
- Sandy Wiggins, 2010
- Kathryn Brausch, 2009
- Shawna Nations, 2008
- Laura Dobbins, 2007
- Amanda Harwood, 2006
- Crista Straub, 2005
- Brian Koch, 2004
- Kimberly Hays, 2003
- Kimberly R. Parks, 2002
- Jeffrey Gallagher, 2001
- Aaron Roberts, 2000
- Jennifer Hoffmann, 1999
- Jason Conder, 1998
SETAC members worldwide are eligible for this award. Applicant must be a current SETAC member and a Master's student in any field of study encompassed by SETAC, or an entering Master's student. (Please provide letter of acceptance from your advisor.)
The application packet must contain all the materials requested below and must be submitted by electronically to the SETAC Office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cover page containing title of award, name and mailing address of applicant.
- A statement of interest in your field of study (including research interests, if formulated) [3 page maximum].
- Transcripts of all completed undergraduate course work.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A letter from your Master's program advisor (could be one of the three above).
- A curriculum vitae (résumé) of the applicant.
- One Master's degree research proposal.
- One high resolution photo.
Selection of Awardee:
The SETAC Awards and Fellowships Subcommittee for Research Awards will evaluate all proposals by using a standardized score sheet. The recipient will be announced at the SETAC North America 36th Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah, 1–5 November 2015.
ALL applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Completed application must arrive by 30 April 2015.